Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Questioning My Title?

I bet you are reading that title thinking, "What in the world?" I bet you thought it was not really creative or new.  It probably will not be that popular and be unknown to the rest of the interwebs. Sometimes, the title is not meant to grab the attention of millions; it is representative of who I am.  This post to introduce you, the kind and wonderful reader, to who this girl writing is.

My name is Karli Bell.  I am a native Chicagoan, a city girl to the core.  I am a 2012 graduate from Fenwick High School and a current student at Ohio University, chasing a broadcast journalism degree.

I am a sports and music fanatic (I have a countdown to when the NFL season starts on my laptop).  I listen to music on every possible occasion I can.  I am a social media fanatic, as in I have a ridiculous amount of social media accounts that I use on a daily basis.  I love to write in any way, shape, or form, from poems to mind jolting political opinion columns.

I am a die hard Chicago Bears and Chicago White Sox fan.  I watch every single Bears game, including preseason.  I follow every Bears beat reporter on Twitter and Facebook. I follow every Bears player on Twitter and all ESPN correspondents for the Bears.  So when I say I am a die hard, I am a knowledgeable fan.

Why I am telling all of you this, and how does this correspond to my title, "Karli with a K?" As you can see, my name is a unique spelling of the generic name of Carly.  When I was younger, even today, no one ever spelled my name correctly. People would usually get the ending correctly but never the beginning.  So when people asked for my name, I would respond with, "Karli with a k," and spell it out for them.

This actually carried into college, where a few good friends of mine actually refer to me as Karli with a K.  It stuck, and through this blog, I will make sure it sticks.  I embrace my difference in my name and use this difference to my advantage.  I try to be as different and unique as my name.  Hopefully, this blog will prove it to you.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment